You might be arranging an event like a corporate gathering or a wedding. You have to search a lot of things to arrange the event. You have to search a cook, a photographer and DJ. All service providers will try to convince you but you have to move to the right person to get quality services. You should ask following things to select a service provider.
- What is the experience of the service provider or vendor? What types of events he has managed.
- Is the service provider is insured? It is important because the service provider or vendor can damage something at your event so he should be in a position to pay you back. You should know the limits of the coverage and ask for the copy of the policy. If he does not provide then move to another service provider or vendor.
- You should read the reviews about the vendor or service provider. You can use social media, its website or blogs for this purpose. It shows whether it is a fit for you or not. There must be good reviews and bad reviews but you have to decide on its basis.
- You should ask the time required to the vendor / service provider to make the arrangements. What if there would be an urgent need of a thing. Will he be able to handle the situation?
- The price is the main thing in the process of selecting a vendor or service provider. You can ask why a vendor charges more as compare to the other vendors in the market. There must be some reasons of charging more than the normal.
All the above things will help to select a good event planner for you. You can also get suggestions from your friends who have planned events. They can also suggest an event planner to you. In short you have to work seriously in the selection of an event planner to make your event smooth.